Tuesday, November 18, 2014

11/19 - Countryside

This insomnia is making this blogging thing pretty easy. And vice versa, I guess. 


We saw a whole bunch of waterfalls today and a beach. This place really is beautiful. The sun rose across the countryside while we were about an hour past the city limits and lit everything up like a painting. I had to fight the urge to stop the car every mile to take a photo.

The destination for the day was Vik, a town on the southern coast. It's a very, very scenic 2 hour drive from Reykjavik, with all the phases of water along the way, specifically in the forms of waterfalls, steam vents, and glaciers. I think I did okay with the Velvia, but that is to be seen. 

Oh, don't feel too obligated to go all the way up the stairs at Skogarfoss. It's way more enjoyable at the bottom. Just make sure you have your Gore Tex on.

Oh, one hiccup - at the black sand beach at Reynisfjall, I turned my back on my tripod setup for a second and turned back around to find it face first in the sand. The 15mm Heliar took a bunch of small scratches on the front element, which I am far from happy about. I'm going to keep shooting it for the rest of the trip, but I think its days of shooting into the sun are over -- a sad fate for a lens named "Heliar."

No comments:

Post a Comment