Sunday, November 2, 2014

11/1 - Busker

Leica M3, Zeiss Planar 50mm f/2, Kodak Portra 400
I don't normally photograph buskers -- it just kinda feels too touristy and easy.  But this guy was just putting out the most amazing boot-stomping blues down at the ferry, so I got in and took a picture and dropped a dollar in his case.  His name is Mush Hosotani and he sounds like this.  It's kind of funny because if you were to just look at this photo, you'd think he was playing some sort of chill classical guitar thing like what they play at Muji.

I guess if I had the chance to take this photo again, I'd probably want to get a lot lower to get some of his boot in the frame.  There wasn't much room to work with though, because there were just people all around him.

Ah well.

Anyway, this will be the first of 30 daily posts I'll (hopefully) be making in the month of November.  It's part of an initiative a friend of mine started to get us blogging more.  Normally I go like two weeks between posts, which is pretty slow, but I think I'll start splitting rolls up across more posts, rather than posting huge essays.  Also, I have some unscanned stuff queued up, so I should probably have enough material to get me through the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment