Thursday, August 7, 2014

Just Out for a Walk


Man, I need to keep this thing rolling.  I have an enormous backlog of film to process.  Something like 10 rolls of it.  35mm, medium format, B&W and color.  It's not exactly inviting me to get to work on it.  So, for now, I'm going to shoot some digital until I clear the queue.



I took the borrowed Olympus EP1 back out and went for a walk around the Lower East Side.  This time, with my Voigtlander 28mm f/1.9 Ultron.  Normally, this is a pretty wide angle lens, but the 2x crop factor pulls it out to 58mm, which I guess works kind of like a 50mm, but I often found myself a step too close to things.  It's a bigger pain than it may sound because I would often forget to refocus.


It's not quite as contrasty as the Zeiss, but it's sharp enough.  When I hit focus, that is.  I still can't really catch moving targets on the fly.  So, I took lots of pictures of garbage.  I don't know.




For digital work I think I'll be switching back to the Fuji X100S again.  I haven't used autofocus in a while.  That'll be fun to have back again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment