Monday, December 8, 2014

Iceland Part 3 - Waterfalls

Seriously.  There are waterfalls everywhere in Iceland.  You can't get away from them.  There are houses with waterfalls in their backyards like they were garden sheds.

Gullfoss - On the Golden Circle

For the ones that have names, keep an eye out for road signs with the word, foss.  A lot of them are easily accessible, just off the side of the road.  Just be careful on those F roads, and make sure your car is ready for them!

Skogafoss - Just off the Ring Road

Sometimes there are two waterfalls at the same time.

Name Unknown

Name Unknown

Sometimes there are little waterfalls.  Watch your step!

Name Unknown


A lot of them, you can just walk right up to.  We never tried to get underneath one, though.  Not sure if that would have been okay to do, anyway.

Name Unknown - Somewhere along the Golden Circle

But after a while, you get a little waterfall-jaded and start being content with just admiring them from a distance as you continue on your way down the Ring Road.

Name Unknown - Just off the Ring Road

On my first pass through the pictures, I was a bit disheartened, because every picture just looked the same until I remembered how many different waterfalls I had photographed.  I kind of expected more (though... in what way I have no idea), but I guess I can call myself satisfied with the results of my first time doing landscape photography.

Name Unknown - Just off the Ring Road

No comments:

Post a Comment