Thursday, September 11, 2014

On the Ferry Home Last Year

Sony RX100 at ISO3200

I took this last year while the lights were going for September 11th.  I didn't actually think the beams went up that high, but luckily the camera did.  It's not so sharp on account of motion blur, but this was the best I could do with a hand held point and shoot standing in the wind on a moving boat.

Then I walked over to the Postcards memorial on the Staten Island side.  There are no photos from that because the atmosphere was just so heavy.  There were people there but nobody was really talking; everyone was just quietly walking around reading plaques with the sound of flags snapping in the wind.  It didn't feel like the right place for my camera.

There was no way I could have done it justice, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment